Monday, March 29, 2010

Bon Vivant Culinary Judge

On Sunday, March 28th, I was asked to be a Culinary Judge at the Bon Vivant Food & Wine Tasting Event held at Rawhide.  This event benefits the Boys & Girls Club of the East Valley.  I, of course loving food, gladly accepted the invitation to judge.  Upon arriving, I was assigned the category of Desserts.  Wahoo, I was hoping I would get this category!!!  I, along with Dinna Higgins from the Mesa City Council, judged over 8 different restaurants and caterers selected desserts.  We had everything from truffles, fondue, bread pudding, key lime tart, flan and many more.  The winner was the fruit flatbread - flatbread topped with warm chocolate syrup, fresh raspberries, strawberries and bananas!!  Unfortunately, the restaurant or caterer was kept from us when selecting the winner, so I am not sure which restaurant/caterer produced this heavenly dessert!!!  After judging the desserts, I was asked to judge the best booth at the event. This single-handedly was Rawhide.  What a great booth - wonderful presentation, great service and amazing food! 

My husband Greg had the opportunity to attend this event, for a change.  What an event to attend. He was able to sample food, wine, beverages, and liquor while I was fulfilling my judging duties! 

I am suprised to say... I think I can have had enough dessert for awhile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment